What's on My Food?

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Morning Blueberry Pancakes

Good Morning Boys and Girls!

There is nothing better on Sunday morning than blueberry pancakes. OK, bagels and lox would be nice too...and maybe a latte on the patio...But! I have fresh organic blueberries and a really good recipe.

I only use King Arthur flour.www.kingarthurflour.com What I like about this recipe is that is calls for both white and whole wheat flour. So, a little white flour is ok on Sunday morning!

Start out with this recipe I have been using for 40 years. I do not have the source of its origin.

Jackson Lake Lodge Blueberry Pancakes
Makes about 20 pancakes

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 tsps baking powder
1 TBLS sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 cups milk
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/8 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup drained blueberries
Blueberries and powered sugar to garnish

Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon in large bowl and mix well. Stir in milk, egg, oil, lemon juice and vanilla; do not overmix. Gently fold in blueberries.

Preheat griddle to 400 degrees; grease lightly. Stir through batter several times. Using about 1/4 cup batter for each, cook pancakes until done, turning once, about 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with blueberries, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

I heated griddle just to the smoking point.


I like my pancakes a little brown and crisp. I doubled the recipe so Roberto can pop them in the microwave when he wants.
Now, you compare these to any fast food or sit down restaurant pancakes! No comparison. Listen...this took me all of 30 minutes and I have left overs!
The syrup is Blueberry Syrup from Maine. I found it at TJMaxx...what a place! http://www.tjmaxx.com/


It is called Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup. You can find this also at www.stonewallkitchen.com This would also be excellent over ice cream.

So, next Sunday whip up a batch of blueberry pancakes! Make it a family affair. You will have so much fun. That is the point of family meals together....FUN!!
Until next time...Call your mother and then go to the church of your choice...even if it is your own backyard.

1 comment: